Monday, September 2, 2013

The Rising by Kelley Armstrong

     This is the last installment of The Darkness Rising Trilogy. The first book is The Gathering. Though it is not necessary, if you haven’t you may want to read The Darkest Power Trilogy, because it does have loose connections to this trilogy.
          Is there some rule about having three books, if your story is too long for one, but not being a series set? I would love to be a writer for a living. Isn't the purpose of having a story to tell, is that the reader enjoys it and gets lost in it? Not to make a buck? Why are publishing houses becoming more like professional athletes, wanting more and forgetting the pure pleasure of just playing the game?
          Sorely disappointed, I should have been through this book weeks ago but had a hard time wanting to read it. The reason is ninety percent of this book was taken from the previous one. So I was reading a rerun when I was supposed to have a new episode. The last ten percent was great and I got done with the book in a couple of days.

     If I wanted to reread the story, I want the choice to reread the story. I spend good money on a book, and I should get what I paid for, not a money making scheme. Two books would have been sufficient. This installment got stalled because of the reuse of work to make a buck. Buy it used, borrow it. I wouldn't have bought it new, if I had known what they had done. Not worth the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment