Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Host : Film

     I wasn't expecting much from this film, and sad to say, I was right. I have never read the book. But some stories made for the stage, need to stay on the stage. Same thing for books. Some books aren't well adapted  for film, this was one of them.

     The Twilight Films adapted well enough. I have never read those books either, but liked the films better than The Host. I will give credit for the creative twist of the parasite alien tale. Have been the told the book is better.

     The issues with this book are not enough alien background for one. Their beliefs and such. Its hard to connect to the characters when your thrown into their lives somewhere in the middle. Add a little back story to not only explain things, but get you caring about the characters sooner. I should care about the main characters soon after the story unfolds. Make me care about what is happening to them, now, not over halfway through the film. Felt too long also. Perhaps made better as a TV mini-series.

     In my opinion, not worth paying the money to see, buy or even rent it. I wish it was better than I thought. Not worth seeing. I wasn't even interested in the book. Could have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment