Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Oz : The Great and Powerful

     This film was one of the few that I wanted to see. I had seen the Wizard of Oz, Tin Man mini-series, and The Return to Oz. The preview looked good. This film left me disappointed. It needed more, for instance more Oz beyond China Town and places Dorothy had been too. I do realize a lot of viewers probably wouldn't have seen The Wizard Oz, but still, you have a fantastical land, make it so.
     The story wasn't bad, the casting was fine. Though certain new additions, were nice, the bell ringing and opening flowers made me think a bit of Alice in Wonderland. I think the characters could have been more fleshed out and that would have helped with the story. The film wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. The 3-D was alright addition.
     Is it worth a movie admission price? X-D was great with the color, so depends on what you want in the film. 3-D and X-D options.

No comments:

Post a Comment