Saturday, January 17, 2015

Into the Woods

     This was one of my take it or leave it films. I 'm not a big musical fan, but I' have seen a variety of ones from The Sound of Music, to Sweeney Todd, and even Les Miserables, just to give you an idea of the range of musicals, I've seen. I've seen more than those.
     Into the Woods wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it didn't surprise me either. It was kind of in the middle of the road, compared to the others I have seen. Though it wasn't bad, it just seemed to get a little lost in the woods at the end. It was like they were trying to be a bit different, put a twist on it, and it fell a little flat.
     Though I do admit that Johnny Depp surprised me. I thought, him as the wolf. I know he can sing, that wasn't what surprised me. It was how a song with the right kind of slightly disturbing but fitting lyrics for a human eating wolf, and the right facial expressions and movements, made this wolf done by Depp, really creep me out.
     The songs weren't bad, and I liked how the fairy tales had elements from the older, original versions collected by the Grimm brothers. The story wasn't bad either, but in my opinion, I don't think its all that, and worth paying theater prices to see it. On stage, would be different. But if your looking for something to see at the movies, this wouldn't be an awful choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment