Thursday, January 15, 2015

Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin (audio book)

     I watched Season Two of Game of Thrones before listening to this book, and discovered that I liked the book a bit better this time than the show. There was more character and story depth than was in the show, but then again, things have to be tweaked when put into film for whether it be a series, or just one film.
     This installment I finished faster than the last. It really kept a roller coaster pace about it, and I love the narrator and his voices. His story telling is natural, and never rings false. It will be a little while before I move on to book three, but I understand why this series is so popular.
     A great mix of characters, story, a wonderful world of magic and human intrigue. This is the kind of book that I think those not really into fantasy could get into.
     This is book two in the Song of Fire and Ice Series. The first book is Game of Thrones, and the TV series by the same name is really good too.
     Whether you read it or listen to it, it is worth the time to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment