Monday, June 2, 2014

Maleficent

     I'll admit this peeked my interest when I saw the previews. Even though it was more if I see it fine, if not fine kind of film.
     I have seen some of the re-envisioned fairy tales, from Ever After, one of my favorites, to Red Hiding Hood, not one of my favorites and a few in between. This film already had a nice twist to the tale by showing it from the villains side.
     Angelina Jolie was a great pick for this character. She is Maleficent. a perfect fit.
     I liked the balance in the traditional cartoon version and how they twisted some of those things into this version in a way that still paid homage to the classic original Disney Classic, and fit into the tale well. The 3-D is a nice extra to the film. It was good film, and one I would suggest watching if there wasn't anything you were waiting to see in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment