Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Les Miserables - film

     I have never seen the stage musical or read the book, that this is based on. I have seen one version of a non-musical film with Liam Neesom in it, which I loved.
     I'll admit I'm not an all go out and see  musical person, but I can enjoy the occasional musical. I loved Phantom of the Opera.
     This is one of those few films that I see the trailer, and it's not a part of a series of films I'm into, and I think, I really want to see this film.
     I wasn't disappointed. Technically, this is an operetta, because song is 99% of the dialogue, with the occasional spoken word. Still even with the singing, you get lost into the story. The casting was well done. Hugh Jackman, was an excellent choice for Jean Valjean, and I really hope he gets the Oscar for the role. Russell Crowe was a great cast for Javert. Worth seeing, even if you aren't really into musicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment