Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dog Dental Care Thoughts

This is something that has been bugging me for a while. A couple of months ago, my Dad and I found a toy poodle who at first, we thought was a puppy. He's about ten years old, give or take. He had to have the last few of his remaining teeth removed. I had a dog as a kid who died at fourteen years old and had all her teeth. I take my dog in once a year to get her teeth clean,plus I brush her teeth daily and she eats hard food. It irks me that people don't think of pet dental care. Its not the dog can brush their own teeth. Plus there are dog food and treats that help reduce plaque and tartar, plus sprays and water treatments. Hard food is best or mix soft and hard food. Plus, I've heard of a dental vaccine that can keep teeth clean for years. Dogs use there teeth for more than just eating hard food. They use them to scratch itches, defend themselves from other threats if needed, to play with toys, and remove burrs or other things that get stuck in their feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment