Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Independence Day: Resurgence

This sequel was not one of those that I thought, yeah, I want to see this. At least my expectations weren't high. Rotten Tomatoes low score wasn't a surprise once I saw it.
     It wasn't awful, it was just missing what made the first Independence Day a great film. The story was minimal because you just get dropped into this new future, twenty years from the first story. There's no connection point with the characters, like in the first one.
     I little time using effective flashbacks, or start soon after the first film ended, and see character relationships form and grow a bit would have helped pull the audience into the story.
     The action was good, but most of the film tries to pull the watcher in, like the first with the human side of things, and fails, because one hardly cares about the characters, new or old.
     It just sadly fell flat. I have seen much better sequels of many films, and sadly, this one is not one of my favorites. It may not have burned as film, but the story should did crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment