Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Star Wars : The Force Awakens

I have seen all of the Star Wars films, prequel, and Ewok too.

    I would never call myself a fanatic of Star Wars but I do enjoy the universe it inhabits, its characters, creatures. But when I saw the previews for this, I was thinking I don't know about this. About thirty years after The Return of the Jedi.
     But after a while, I thought I'd give it a chance. Well, I really was pleasantly surprised. There were some surprising plot twists, but as I watch I saw nods to episode IV, time and again, not including story arc connections, like The Storm Troopers.
     To me, this was a bit disappointing, but I ignored it and focused on the story. I will credit where it is due and though I think this could have been a bit more creative with the story instead of sampling from A New Hope, it was a very respectful, more to the original, Star Wars universe, then the prequel was.
     Not bad, but not episode IV through VI. Those never felt too long to me, The Force Awakens did feel a tad too long, But it wasn't a bad trip to the theater. I will most likely see Episode VIII. As for any other tales in the Star Wars verse, well, time will tell.
     I don't think it was worth all the hub bub it got, but if you want to see it, Star Wars is always best on the big screen in a dark theater.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment