Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bridge of Dreams by Anne Bishop

This is the last of the Ephemera  trilogy. The first book is Sebastian.

     It took me a little while to get into this installment. I think the issue was the time between the last book and this one, taking place a month later. The issue I had was the change in Lee. I won't go into details, because I hate spoilers, but I think if the lapse of time was a few days leading to a month later, and the reader could follow Lee from the time of his sister's return, then I really think I could have re-immersed into the books world faster than what I did.
     Once I got into the story, I really enjoyed it. It definitely the Anne Bishop style I know. This installment was well balanced. Enough character growth, action, and emotion. New and interesting characters grab you and pull you deeper into the story. The only issue: and this is more on a personal interest, if you read the story, besides like I've said before, no spoilers. But I was curious about the question Teaser wanted answered, and it never was.
     Otherwise, an ending that did leave room for more tales, but left the reader satisfied, for the most part. Definitely, enjoyed visiting the wild child and the people who live with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment