Friday, December 6, 2013

Sebastian by Anne Bishop


     I was hesitant for a while about reading this book. I had read other of Anne Bishop’s books, and loved the tales from her Black Jewels and Pillars of the World Series.  I think part of it was the fact this installment focused on an Incubus, and the story idea didn’t quite grab me.
     But then I found an offer I couldn’t really refuse. I found the third book in the trilogy at a bargain price, so I thought I’d take a chance on the Sebastian and I’m glad I did.
     If you have read The First Pillars of the World book, you might notice that it seems to have influenced this tale just a little bit. I won’t go into detail, in case you haven’t read Pillars of the World. Besides that, the tale is well wroth the time to read.
     A tale that moves well. Surprisingly, little sex, considering it focuses around an Incubus. Characters you love and ones to hate. Interesting world, with strange villains, and even stranger secrets, and twists.  A world I want to get lost in again.
     By the way this is the first book in The Emphera Trilogy.
 
 
    
    
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment