Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters [ film ]

     I have never read the books about Percy Jackson. I did see the first installment of this film, Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief. If you have not read the book, you need to see the first film before seeing this one. Otherwise, somethings will seem weird.
     The first film in this series was story focused for the most part and less action. Which makes perfect sense because Percy is discovering who he really is. The second installment was less story focused and more of an action quest film. Like the first film, it was good. Not one I would buy to own, but good. This film was definitely fast paced but still had enough of a story line to make it good. There was a casting change with Chiron. Pierce Bronson was replaced by Anthony Steward Head, who seems to me to be the better fit anyway, but that's my opinion. This film would have been fine without 3-D. It really didn't add a lot to the film and I kind of agree with other movie critics that 3-D is great for some films, if used right, but is being over used.
     This film is worth going to see on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment