Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Twice Tempted by Jeanine Frost

     This is a spin off from the Night Huntress Series. It is also the second of The Dark Prince Trilogy. The first book is Once Burned. You could read this one without the first, without being too lost, but I would suggest reading Once Burned first. The first book in The Night Huntress series is Halfway to the Grave.
     I will be honest, I probably would have not read the next installment but that it is a cliff hanger type ending. At the end of Once Burned, I had hope Leila would grow up. But I was sadly disappointed. I had hoped she’d change for the better. No such luck. Leila still gets on my nerves.
     I have like the other women from the Night Huntress Series and The Night Huntress World spin offs. Cat, Denise, and Kyra, are well balanced, feeling like real people. Leila seems to be unbalanced to me. At times, she feels real, like a character should. Relatable even if I haven’t been in that situation. At times it seems that she is another person entirely. It’s like Jekyll and Hyde. Leila is the only heroine in a series that has gotten on my nerves, I want to slap her at times. Is it too much to hope that now she has transitioned to a vampire that maybe she’ll crush her rose colored glasses, and stay in reality? I hope so. The next installment will tell.

     Overall, an alright story, though at times it felt a bit too close to Once Burned with a few changes to it. An above average story, she’s written better. Not a bad read.

No comments:

Post a Comment