Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Iron Man 3

I have seen the previous films. I think the first will always be my favorite, but I did enjoy this one. I didn't see it in 3-D, though. Does look like that would enhance the viewing experience.

     What I really liked in this film is the character progression of Tony Stark. You start with a rich, arrogant, genius playboy. He finds his way, has a change of heart and becomes a knight for the cause of right. By the third installment, Tony is human. You see the frailty, uncertainty, frightened man, who hides behind his armor.
     As the story evolves, his past comes back to haunt him and in a sense he loses his identity. His armor is shattered. He's forced to reach inside himself, and fight his inner demons, and either win his internal battle or lose what he has become.
     Yes, it has a good bad guy. A good story, but it is the personal conflict that drives this film, and that's what makes it all the better, in my opinion.
     Worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment