Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Shelter by Harlan Coben

     It is so refreshing to find a young adult novel, after reading several others, that had a story with characters that didn't disappoint.
     This is the first book by Coben that I have read. I'm aware that he is better known as an adult author. Maybe that is the edge he has when writing a good YA novel. He knows how to balance what an adult likes and place it in a believable teenage tale.
     His characters are believable, adults and teenagers alike. I like the twists in this story. A good bit of mystery, that led me down a road I wasn't expecting. Characters I enjoy following, A nice balance of teenage "drama" with a unique mystery, I would have never expected.
   Definitely reading the next installment. Nice to see there is hope for YA books.

No comments:

Post a Comment