Friday, January 25, 2013

Hex Appeal : Short Story Anthology

     I usually only read short story collections if they contain a story from a an author I already like. This one happened to contain several of my favorites.
     Since all collections have an underlining theme, this one has stories that include lovely and sometimes, dangerous women in them. Stories are all fantasy themed and include vampires, big foot, a sex droid from the future, magicians who wield real magic, witches, and even men who are brought back from the dead, and  even a trip to Hell. These tales do contain a bit of romance at times, but are much more.
     Contains authors such as Jim Butcher, Carrie Vaughn, Simon R. Green, and many others.
     I enjoyed most of these stories, two really weren't my favorite, Cherry Kisses and I think it was titled There will be Demons, were not really my cup of tea, but the rest of the tales were interesting and a good read. This is one of the better collections I have read. If your looking for a break from full novels, this wouldn't be a bad choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment