Monday, November 12, 2012

The Complete Fairy Tales of Oscar Wilde

     I never knew Oscar Wilde wrote fairy tales until it was recommended by Goodreads based on my recent fairy tales reading. So it sparked my curiosity and I decided to check them out.
     In my opinion these tales seem intended more for adults, but there is no reason that an older child couldn't enjoy reading them.
     Originally, he wrote two small collections of tales. If you have read Dorian Gray, there is at least one story that really has that cynical look at society in it, that is very Dorian Gray Wilde. Otherwise, for the most part, his tales feel a lot like Hans Christian Anderson. Whom he was familiar with like The Brothers Grimm. These tales were for the most, a good read, and a lot had lessons attached to the story, or a moral of sort. An interesting set of fairy tales.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment