Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lawless: A bit tame.

This was an average based on actual criminal stories. I agree with a lot of what critics had to say about this film. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't one of the better films of this type I have seen. Goodfellas, Untouchables, American Outlaws, are much better based upon crime tales. But Lawless, wasn't awful, it just felt like it could have been more. I haven;t read the book and maybe that would shed some light on the film adaptation. After all, book adaptations can be difficult, especially when based on real events and people. So I'll give the screen writer a break. This film does have its moments and could have more, but definitely not one of the worse films I've ever seen. Just wanted a bit more, something was missing, but not a bad story to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment