Monday, August 13, 2018

Soul Jacker by Yasmine Galenorn


This is the first in the Lily Bound series (currently this series is on hold because the author does not have her writes to the series after leaving Indy publishing, but hopes to continue it in the future).
      I’m not sure I would have read this book, because it may never be serialized, but I got it as a gift and found out later about the series on hiatus. I had it, so I figured why not.
     I really hope things work out because I really enjoyed this book. The characters are well developed, and the story runs smoothly, and never has a dull a moment, and surprisingly a lot less sexual romps than I expected, considering it’s about a succubus.
     Soul Jacker introduces the reader to Lily, who is a Succubus and uses her “Private Salon” to sate her need for chi, or energy. Her life has been quiet for a while until a client is found dead in her salon.
     If that wasn’t enough, she discovers that the murderer has ties to not only her but several of her friends and acquaintances are in danger because they all had once gotten a tattoo from The Soul Jacker.
     Then enters P.I. Archer, and Lily’s life as she knows it begins to unravel, and not all in bad ways…
I’m still glad, continued or not, to have read this book. I really enjoyed and think it’s worth reading.
    



No comments:

Post a Comment