Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (audiobook) by George R.R. Martin

This book wasn't disappointing but it felt like it could have had been more to the story. It kind of had a feeling like a short story. I wanted more. It was still a good story, but I wanted more character development. The two main characters were great, but I felt like I missed out on how they really started to mesh with each other and why hint of going to a place and then jump passed that adventure, and then take a decent leap into the future.
     To be honest I expected a bit more, even one of the novella’s I read in Dangerous Women had a bit better balance to the characters, I’m not saying they have to have in depth development, just the right balance of past and present revelations and growth to the characters. It just seemed like a bit was missing between Egg and Dunc.
     I do like these characters and hope to read of their further adventures. It was good audio book listen. Narrator was good, but nobody seems to beat Royce Daltrice when narrating a Martin book.
     If you haven’t read The Song of Ice and Fire series, aka Game of Thrones. Then this book is a decent introduction to that world, though it’s a century before the series takes place.
     The first book in The Song of Ice and Fire is Game of Thrones. The series, Game of Thrones is also a really good watch, though it respectfully veers from the series from time to time. What I mean is, any changes are things I could see the author doing, if he went a different direction.

     Worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment