Monday, May 16, 2016

Kitty Saves the World by Carrie Vaughn

This is the last book in The Kitty Norville series. The first is Kitty and the Midnight Hour. It has to be read in order.
When I first read the basic summary for this series, I thought, this is just weird, but I gave it a chance. I fell in love with the series, I am sad to see it end, but as Carrie Vaughn says, its good to end on a high note and nothing lasts forever. Though I hope to see stories or maybe character novels, form this world from time to time.
Every book in this series has led up to this ultimate test for Kitty and her friends, the showdown with Dux Bellorum, and the fate of the world. For the most part I enjoyed this final tale. It was a good rollercoaster of a ride. Though on occasion, I knick pick things. 
This is one of those times. Some series or stories balance the angel and demon story lines well. They seem natural additions to that particular world, in Norville’s world, seems a bit off in my opinion. A would have loved a twist from the obvious the Devil was behind it all.
You have a world of magical creatures, have alluded to more being out there, and it just seems she took the easier way out. Though I am happy Kitty, gets her family, I am slightly disappointed with the obvious copout but it was still a good end to the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment