Monday, September 15, 2014

Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (audio edition)

I was interested in checking out The Game of Thrones television series and really enjoyed it. I was curious about the book and what would be different from the television series, but it was one of those books that I wasn't reeled into checking out.
     Well, I had recently bought a MP3 player and the library had the book on audio so I thought why not.
     I have never listened to an audio book before. I think this was a good choice. The narrator did character voices, though I would have been fine with just telling the tale. It was worth the twenty-eight parts totaling about 33 hours and some minutes plus seconds.
     Whether in book or audio form, the story is well balanced, with a plethora of interesting people and places. A good balance of intrigue and character development. Worth checking out and as for the television series, it stays true enough to the book, though there were some scenes in the show that were changed and were better in the book, the battle was one of them. But still, the series is well done.
     I will probably, continue the series this way, though it will be a while before I move on to the next audio book in this series, or a different audio book tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment