Monday, February 10, 2014

Omens by Kelly Armstrong

     I have read Armstrong's other works. So when I heard about Omens, and read what it is about, I got interested. I have read her paranormal Otherworld Series, and her fiction about Nadia Stafford. But to me Omens, seems to have lost balance the balance that her other supernatural books have. This needed to either have more supernatural, or be just plain fiction.
     At points, the book gets really interesting. I did like the segue's into character thoughts after something happened. The characters are interesting. The story has potential and to be honest, I had trouble at times, wanting to get back into the story. I wasn't even sure I wanted to read the next one, till it hinted at being more supernatural, so I probably will give a try.
     I really hope the next one is more like her other works. I won't say I was completely disappointed. It was just I could see subtracting the supernatural, and tweaking a few things, and it could be a good mystery.Or tweak a few things another way, and it would be a better supernatural tale.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment