Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Belladonna by Anne Bishop

This the second book in The Epherma trilogy. Not sure if I spelt that right. The first book is Sebastian.

     I was surprised with Sebastian and really enjoyed the book. But Belladonna, felt a tad bit too long, and I wanted to hear the tale of The Warrior of Light. It is after all, an important piece of the puzzle. But over all, the story moved well, and I liked seeing the enemies point of view, from time to time. The way it worked and thinks. I would have enjoyed a bit more romantic interaction between Belladonna and her beau.
     Still, this installment was a good read for the most part. Just felt that a few twinks could have made it more of an enjoyable read. It didn't quite have the balance I usually find in Bishop's tales. But worth reading, none the less. Another beautiful emergence into a fantasy landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment