Friday, May 25, 2012

Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks

 I liked the short stories featuring Rule and Lily, so I thought I'd check out the series. It started out with promise. A murder, that seems to  be done by a werewolf,AKA as a Lupus. Lily, who is a sensitive, she can sense magic, becomes the lead detective on the case. Rule, a Lupus, and Prince of the Nokalai Clan, is a suspect. As the case unravels, fate brings Rule and Lily together, and a dangerous enemy surfaces.
     To begin with, a bit of background information on how the paranatural and supernatural came out of the closet, would have been nice. More than the bits of history scattered through out the book.This information would have drawn the reader into the world better. Somewhere in the story things slowed down. Don't get me wrong, I don't need constant action, or romance to keep me interested. Just a story that moves fluidly, and doesn't seem to get stuck in places. Somethings could have been elaborated on a bit more. It wasn't a bad read, but didn't hook me into reading the other books in the series, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment